Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Gladiator alternatives

Raise your hand if you're tired of seeing this.




















I, like everyone else fell in love when Chanel brought back the gladiator for resort '07 and I do love a sandal with a bit of heavy coverage, but that has been a total of 5 whole years ago people. Although, 5 years could easily have been enough time for gladiators to be in style and go back out again once or twice. Nonetheless, I'd like to see something new. Alternatives are not exactly easy to find, particularly when you're on a budget. Gladiators still seem to be ever present, everywhere.










 Chanel resort '07 via style.com



















 Trends come and go, some I like, some I dislike, some I hold on to longer than others, and some I get tired of quickly. I held on to the gladiators long enough. Lets all let them go and wait another 5-10 years to bring them back okay? Okay. Here are some lovely affordable alternatives and some that I wear only in my dreams of frolicking on beautiful tropical vacations that I can't afford.




1. Esquivel Tri-tone leather sandal - net-a-porter

2. Florida Simple Buckle sandal - Topshop
3. Miu Miu stingray-effect leather sandals net-a-porter
4. 3.1 phillip lim net-a-porter
5. Houpla leather strap sandal Topshop
6. Highlight patent sandal Topshop
7. Kimichi blue scallop sandal Urban Outfitters
8. Kage woven strap sandal Topshop



Alright. Guess what? I found an updated gladiator that I couldn't resist if they were handed to me... yeah..I'd buy them. Reluctantly, here it is. Whatever. Fashion is fickle and apparently so am I. 

 
Pluto Metallic Prism Sandals - Topshop

1 comment: