Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mother's Day

You know what guys? My mom is cool. Even if she wasn't I'd love her anyway. I believe everyone should think of their mothers more than just one day a year, but since this is a day specifically dedicated to Mothers, I think it's appropriate to dedicate a blog post to my mom's awesomeness. She's the primary reason for my love and knowledge of the fashion industry and she inspires me more than any fashion icon or rock star. I prefer to do most things with her, especially shopping. I find it quite difficult to make a purchase without her final decision. Sometimes, I think we both secretly like to pretend we're sisters because neither of us has one. Most importantly, she has been and always will be there for me when I need her.


My mom, Jamil Gotcher modeling in Paris Haute Couture shows F/W 1990 for Lecoanet Hemant (left) and Jean Louis Scherrer (right) in the early 90's


In the French Alps for European Life and Travel




My Mom and me on my first modeling job for Mary Kay Cosmetics 


I love this black and white film contact sheet of my mom.



My mom and I backstage at Dallas Fashion Awards.



My mom is a professional photographer and takes all the photos for this blog. Jamil Gotcher Photography

1 comment:

  1. WOW! She could be your sister! she is so young! and she looks like you absolutely in the first pics, modeling, i though that was you! haha amazing...! great team! ;)
    Kisses!

    www.marilynsclosetblog.com

    ReplyDelete